It was not working for me.
This is what I had to do:
- Bring up customization dialog with "Tools\Customize..."
- Bring up the keystroke mapper with "Keyboard..."
- Set focus in "Press Shortcut Keys" text box
- Press F7 or some other keystroke you want
- The "Shortcut currently used by" box will show the command currently invoked by the keystroke.
- Set focus to "Show Commands Containing" and type ToggleDesigner
- This will select the View.ToggleDesigner command in the list box of commands
- Next press the "Assign" button to assign the keystroke shortcut to the command.
- Click "OK" to the keystroke mapper dialog
- Click "Close" to the customization dialog