Monday, May 15, 2017

Whatsapp issues

Android connection issues for whatsapp, gmail, or whatever.
Go to settings - connection - more networks - mobile networks - access point names
I had to swith it from wap to net to make it work.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Wix heat command exited with code 319 (-out parameter must specify a file path)

  • The '-out' or '-o' parameter must specify a file path. File: heat.exe
  • The command " "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.7\bin\heat.exe" project "..\Web \" -gg -g1 -cg PACKAGEFILES sreg -dr DEPLOYFOLDER -out "C:\Users(...)\Server\Wix\Frags.wxs" " exited with code 319. File: C:\Users(...)\Server\Wix\Wix.wixproj

This was really not a lot of information for me to use.
What I fount out, is that Wix is throwing this error on anything. I will explain.

So this was my code:

"$(WIX)bin\heat.exe" dir "$(vm4heat)" -cg vm4heat -gg -scom -sreg -sfrag -srd -out "$(ProjectDir)\FilesFragment.wxs"

And as you can see, I have 3 different paths in my code.
The error message says that the issue is on the "out".
Well, the actual error was on the "dir".

So in case you ever get this error, don't look for wrong doing in the "out" parameter only. Check EVERY path, one by one. In my case it was an extra backslash at the end of the "dir" parameter.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Excel shortcuts

F2 : Edit selected cell

F4 : Repeat last edit

F9 : Calculates all worksheets

F11 : New chart

ALT : Access the ribbon for formulas

ALT + = : Automatically SUM() selected

ALT + Enter : Start a new line in the same cell

ALT + o-c-a : Auto size columns

PG + UP/PG+DOWN : Go to next/previous worksheet

CTRL + ` : Display Formulas

CTRL + Backspace : Show active cell

CTRL + Shift + # : Change Date format with day, month and year.

CTRL + K : To insert Hyperlink.

CTRL+ Shift + $ : Applies the currency format to the selected cells.

CTRL + Shift + & : Applies border to cells

CTRL + B : Bold

CTRL + I : Italics

CTRL + U : Underline

CTRL + Shift + ~ : General style number

CTRL + Shift + $ : Currency style number

CTRL + Shift + % : Percentage style Number

CTRL + Shift + ^  : Scientific notation style

CTRL + Shift + # :  Date style

CTRL + Shift + @ : Time Style

CTRL + Shift +! : Number Style

CTRL + F12 : Open

CTRL + Spacebar : Select the entire column

CTRL + [ : Select all cells directly referenced by formulas in the selection

CTRL + A : Select All

CTRL + Shift + J : List Constants

CTRL + D : Copy equation down

CTRL + F : Find

CTRL + H : Find&Replace

CTRL + Right arrow : Move right

CTRL + Left arrow : Move left

CTRL + Up arrow : Move up

CTRL + Down arrow : Move down

CTRL + Enter : Same data in multiple cells

Shift + Spacebar : Select the entire row

Shift + F3 : Find Previous

Friday, February 19, 2016

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Chrome: Could not load shockwave flash

I had an expired Flash - Firefox. For some weird reason, I made an upgrade. (I don't really use Firefox)
This messed up my Chrome Flash. I had "Could not load shockwave flash", and that nice looking grey thing.
Went on to google it, tried several things.

  • chrome setting, something needs to be disabled (when you have 2 plugins)
  • delete some files from some flash folder on C drive
  • uninstall plugins, reinstall them

Nothing worked.

I finally uninstalled chrome, and reinstalled it. I didn't lose anything. Browsing history, shortcuts, home page, extensions (even an extension that is no longer in Chrome app store).

Flash also worked flawlessly after this.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

How to get the size of the tables in a database

How to get the size of the tables in a database
t.NAME AS TableName,
s.Name AS SchemaName,
p.rows AS RowCounts,
SUM(a.total_pages) * 8 AS TotalSpaceKB,
SUM(a.used_pages) * 8 AS UsedSpaceKB,
(SUM(a.total_pages) - SUM(a.used_pages)) * 8 AS UnusedSpaceKB
sys.tables t
sys.indexes i ON t.OBJECT_ID = i.object_id
sys.partitions p ON i.object_id = p.OBJECT_ID AND i.index_id = p.index_id
sys.allocation_units a ON p.partition_id = a.container_id
sys.schemas s ON t.schema_id = s.schema_id
AND t.is_ms_shipped = 0
t.Name, s.Name, p.Rows
TotalSpaceKB desc
Thanks to Andrew

Friday, January 10, 2014

Kindle USB issue - Cannot connect Kindle to PC

My kindle 3 (keyboard) was not connecting to my PC, but it did connect to any other PC.

I tried everything I found on the internet:
- restart from kindle button
- restart from Kindle settings
- checked all the USB ports in fromt (2 of them) and in the back (6 of them)

nothing worked

when i plug it in, the PC displays the Safely Remove Hardver icon in the tray, and the Kindle goes to that "USB drive mode" screen. No Kindle drive. If I "safely remove" then it still charges, the "USB drive mode" screen goes away, i can check my books, but still no kindle drive

What did I do?

I went to Device Manager, Kindle was visible (charging worked), and on Properties, I was browsing through the tabs. On the 3rd tab ("Volume") I had a Populate button, I clicked it. It showed me Kindle(E)


my E drive was a network connection (Network share), a kind of shortcut to an other computer from the LAN

i disconnected my "old" E drive, the Network Share.

Ta Da !

All the Kindle folders suddenly showed up on the E drive right there.
Case closed.

Seems like the Kindle was trying to force itself to a (taken) drive letter, not sure why.

If you ever have the same issue, if you don't see the Kindle drive in Windows File Explorer, try if you can see it in (My Computer - Manage) Computer Management - Disk Management, maybe all you need to reallocate some drive letters.